ALWATAN Center organizes the following programs: civic education, nonviolence, communications, Conflict Resolution, active listening, the art of negotiating, peace and training in leadership skills.
– The center works at the grassroots level on the principles of nonviolence for social change.
– The center cooperates in particular with the youth in conducting frequent meetings among the various Palestinian and international youth groups.
– The center organizes summer peace camps, group dialogues and civic education courses.
– The center is mainly concerned with society’s young people and the issues of women. This includes the club for Reading in English and the Portable library.
– The center has a documentation department, conducts field studies and research and publishes books pertaining to Palestine.
– The center has projects dealing with youth illiteracy and also encourages reading.