Five Guiding Principles of Our Work:
Putting Our Values into Action
We develop programs and partnerships that aim to:
- A waken communities and individuals out of the narrowness of nationalism and ethnocentrism to a broad recognition of our common humanity, interdependence and shared longing for peace.
- Build learning communities that investigate the causes, consequences and prevention of mass violence and generate interventions that advance justice and peace through nonviolent means.
- Facilitate the development of social responsibility and creative peacemaking, grounded in compassion and strengthened by knowledge, skills, confidence and self-awareness.
- Encourage the values and practices that support diversity and robust pluralism within and beyond our own societies.
- Create the conditions to transform enmity, faster social healing, and explore the opportunities for reconciliation and forgiveness within divided, oppressed and/or war-torn regions.